Queen's Speech announces employment reforms
The Queen has outlined the Government’s priorities for the coming Parliamentary year, a number of which will have an impact on employment.
A key change will be the introduction of the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Bill, which will:
- Overhaul the employment tribunal system, and transform the dispute resolution landscape.
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of competition enforcement and the competitiveness of markets, by strengthening the regime and improving the speed and predictability for business.
- Set the purpose of the UK Green Investment Bank and ensure its independence.
- Strengthen the framework for setting directors’ pay by introducing binding votes.
- Extend the Primary Authority scheme, reduce inspection burdens on business and strengthen the legal framework for sunset clauses on regulation.
- Repeal unnecessary legislation, cutting the burden on business and citizens.